Sunday, 19 September 2010

Episode I - Lord of the Blings

Week 1 - 6.9.10

Although this is our first day in the BA3 course, i have known for a couple of months prior to this what my individual project will be. I have decided to create a musical based on the Lord of the Rings to the tune of Hip Hop. This is a big task to take on and their is a lot of work needed to be done but i am very confident that i can pull this off. I have a rough script written already and a few of the cast chosen for the acting roles. This week, my goal was to secure a band that will play live on the night. I tried to get the most reliable and the most capable musicans from my year that i know i can work with. This led to recruiting John Cargill on guitar, JP Parsons on bass and John Greensmith on drums. I am happy with my band and i hope to get them some sheet music for the tracks very soon. As i am aware from my last year at college, setting targets and planning ahead is key to a successful project. So i will be setting targets throughout my BA3 and recording them in this log.

No comments:

Post a Comment